Tuesday 7 April 2015

Would you rather...?

1. Rather read only a series or stand-alone books?
I would always read a series if I could, a stand-alone has to be really long for me to feel satisfied, I get way too into the worlds of books.
2. Rather read a book whose main character is male or female?
Hmm, right now I’m reading one of each, and in this case I definitely prefer the male. Sometimes I find female protagonists get far too whiny.
3. Rather shop only at Waterstones (or other actual bookshop) or Amazon?
Waterstones every time. The only time I ever usually use Amazon is if I physically can’t get a book (which is happening so often now I keep hearing about American books) or if I have a voucher. Nothing beats shopping for a book, most of the staff at my local shops know me pretty well.
4. Rather all books become movies or tv shows?
It depends. I think it depends on how intricate the story is, or how much backstory you want. Also it really depends on the length of the film, and if they’re going to be annoying and make it a 2 parter.
5. Rather read 5 pages per day or read 5 books per week?
5 books per week, I’m a pretty fast reader so that’s not really a hard target for me.
6. Rather be a professional book reviewer or an author?
It has been one of my biggest dreams since I was about 5 to be an author. Unfortunately my year 11 English teacher shattered my confidence so it’s yet to get off the ground properly. I also usually get distracted and try to write 3 books at once.
7. Rather only read the same 20 books over and over or get to read a new book every 6 months?
Hmm, this depends. Would I get to read anything else in those 6 months? If so, couldn’t I reread my favourite 20? If not, then I’ll stick eith the same over and over. I would probably die from only reading 1 book every 6 months.
8. Rather be a librarian or own a book shop?
Funnily enough, both of these have also been some of my dream jobs. I think I would have to say own a book shop because I think libraries are really impersonal these days.
9. Rather only read your favorite genre or your favorite author?
Probably my favourite genre, that way I would still get to read the majority of my favourite author. My favourite genre is YA fantasy, and my favourite author is (you probably guessed it!) J.K Rowling.
10. Rather only read physical books or eBooks?
Physical books. I occasionally give ebooks a try, but that never lasts long. Give me pages to turn and a gorgeous cover any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment