Saturday 18 April 2015

Hopeless review

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover

I don't have any idea on how I would even begin to explain this book, especially without spoilers, so here's the Goodreads description:

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.


My thoughts

I've heard so much about Colleen Hoover, so I decided to finally dive in. I had no idea what to expect, kinda thought it was going to be a really light, fluffy read. Boy, was I wrong. Yes, there were parts that made me physically laugh out loud, but then just over halfway through I went from wanting to take my pants off and throw them at Holder, to wanting to cry like a baby, to feeling the need to shout and scream at my phone, all in the rate of about 2 seconds. The sudden turn was just amazing. I really did love the book so much, it may be one to stick around in my brain for a long time. The only drawback...once again in a romance novel we have the guy sneaking in through the girl's bedroom window. This is appearing everywhere, and I have to say, I don't fond it romantic, I find it creepy. Apart from that, very highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment