Saturday 11 April 2015

Weekend Reads

This is probably another shortish post, as I'm on the bus for a fun day with friends, actually I'm slightly neglecting them all right now. So I thought I'd update you on my reads for the weekend, as I finally have a day off!

So yesterday was Friday, and I finished reading Proxy by Alex London. Unfortunately this wasn't a great read for me. It is a dystopic novel, where if you were born into the right family any law breaking you do, the punishment gets handed down to someone else, known as your proxy. The story follows a boy who accidentally kills a girl, and how this effected the proxy. I found the premise to be really intriguing, but the execution just fell a bit flat for me. The cover was pretty enough for me to keep it around though.

Next up is my current read: The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury. I'm currently halfway through, and am really enjoying it so far. It is about a girl who's touch can kill a man, unless they are of regal blood. She is betrothed to the prince, but another man has come along, and his relationship with her seems a bit friendly. I don't really know much about it, but I think I will be reviewing it soon.

Also on my currently reading is Until I Die by Amy Plum. This is the sequel to Die For Me, which I have a review up for already if you want to check that one out. This one is an ebook so I will try and finish it while I am out today. I am enjoying this quite a lot, but the relationship is a bit gooey and soppy for me.

If I complete all these, then I shall be moving on to Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I am so excited about this book! It's a retelling of Cinderella...with robots. I have no idea any more than this, other than it sounds amazing, but what more information do we need??

No comments:

Post a Comment