Friday 24 April 2015

Book anticipation

I seem to spend half of my life waiting around for books to come out, and sometimes it really is pure torture. I just finished Cress, and that cliffhanger, and having to wait until November, and Aaargh! I have such a love/hate relationship with waiting. It's absolute torture, but with all the speculation and longing it's such a pure, sweet torture.

This next month my book longings will be Rogue by Julie Kagawa and Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. I absolutely adored Talon, the prequel to Rogue, it had me at Julie Kagawa, then far more when I found out it was going to be about dragons. I listened to it on audiobook though so will probably have to reread it. Then with CoTaR, I absolutely adored her Throne of Glass series, and I am sooo excited for this new series. I'm going to meet her for a book signing on the 25th May, so that will be really exciting, and I absolutely cannot wait!

How do you cope with waiting for a book? Any you are desperate for?

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to give Throne of Glass a try. Julie Kagawa's book sounds interesting, too! Oh, so many "to-be-reads" I have. I just don't make it to new books very often, though.

    I think I recommend this to every book-lover I come across, but hey - it's worth it LOL. Have you ever read the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher? If you're into contemporary fantasy with a lot of ridiculous humor, I'd check it out sometime!

    ~Eve
    Edge of Night

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of them but I'll try and check them out some time, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete