Sunday 12 April 2015

The Sin Eater's Daughter review

The Sin Eater's Daughter - Melinda Salisbury

In a book full of forbidden loves, lies and betrayal, we follow Twylla, a girl who is (surprise surprise) the sin eater's daughter. She was taken away to the palace 4 years prior to the story as Daunen Embodied. This means she has poison in her veins, and would kill all but anyone with royal blood with a single touch. I don't want to get into the story much more in case I accidentally spoil anyone, so I will just move onto my thoughts.

I actually really enjoyed this book. I found it took a bit of time to get going, but when it did I found it intriguing, exciting and I didn't want to stop reading. There is a love triangle in the book, but I thought it was handled really well, and up until the end I didn't know who I wanted her to end up with. The world was built up pretty well, and the religious statements were very similar to those in this world, but I think they could have had a bit more information on them given. All in all this book got a solid 4/5 from me and I shall eagerly anticipate the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment