Monday 27 April 2015

Books into film

So I was browsing the interwebs and discovered that in 2012 The Immortal Rules was optioned for a film, and I am kinda gutted it never arrived. I absolutely love Julie Kagawa and I don't think there's a single one of her books that i wouldn't want to see in film form. This then got me thinking about all the books I would absolutely adore to see as  a film, and films I wish hadn't been made from books.

The main film I would currently adore to see from a book would be Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. I absolutely adore this series, and I think the film version would be such an exciting, edge of your seat film. This needs to be done ASAP.

Half Bad would be a pretty awesome film to watch as well. Also an exciting book, I think it would be really intriguing to see some of the things that happen in the books translate onto screen. It'd be really sweet watching the romances unfold too, especially if Sally Green gives us all what we want with the romance.

One film I sort of wish hadn't been made, but am at the same time I'm really glad happened was City of Bones. If you compare the two it's an absolute travesty, but if you separate them then it's a really good film. I wonder how they're going to do with the TV program. I'm hoping Dominic Sherwood makes a better Jace, although he looks more like I imagined Will.

I am really looking forward to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, I was absolutely dying to read it anyway, then when I heard Tim Burton was directing it, I knew I had to get it ASAP. This was almost a month ago and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but that's a whole other story.

I watched the first 2 Percy Jackson films before the books (another package I've been waiting almost a month for) so it will be interesting to see how they both relate to eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment