Sunday 31 May 2015

May wrap up

I've just come off my second 12 hour shift in a row, so I will do this as quickly for you as I can. Due to my work I haven't had a huge amount of time to read, so it's a slightly shorter wrap up than usual.

The Ask And The Answer - Patrick Ness
I really enjoyed this book, it was a great continuation of the story, and I'm looking forward to reading Monsters Of Men soon. The characters are loveable and the plot is getting really interesting.

Fire And Flood - Victoria Scott
I heard from lots of people that this book is like a cross between The Hunger Games and Pokemon. I can definitely see where the comparisons came from, but unlike others I don't consider it a bad thing. This book was so exciting, I loved it.

Spell Bound - Rachel Hawkins
This was a really good conclusion to a fun and interesting trilogy. I really enjoyed all 3 books, and when (if) I chisel down my tbr a little I may look into buying more of her books.

Obsidian, Onyx, Opal and Origins - Jennifer L Armentrout
I initially just bought these books because they had stopped being made, I didn't have much interest in actually reading them. I'm really glad I did though, this series is really good. There was so much tension between Kat and Daemon, and the characters were all hilarious. I didn't really expect the whole government conspiracy thing though.

Tithe - Holly Black
This was my second and final attempt at Holly Black. I just don't get along with her characters, and her storylines just always fall flat for me.

The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken
I really loved this book. It was thrilling, exciting, the characters were great, and the plot was quite believable. I actually cried at the end, I couldn't believe it. I need the second book ASAP now.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way with Tithe. I just couldn't get into it, no matter how hard I tried. But the Lux series was fantastic! Jennifer L. Armentrout never disappoints! :)

    ReplyDelete