Saturday 23 May 2015

Book confessions tag

I once again wasn't tagged in this, but it looks like fun so here we go!

 1. HAVE YOU EVER DAMAGED YOUR OWN BOOK?  Yes, unfortunately child me wasn't as careful with books as me. I used to write all over them, and any time the word sick was mentioned I crossed it out because I hated the word so much. I also read all of my Harry Potter books to the point that they fell apart.

2. HAVE YOU EVER DAMAGED A BORROWED BOOK?  I don't think so, I don't usually borrow books, then when I do apart from reading they stay on my bookcase.

3. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO READ A BOOK?  Umm, not very long really. It takes me a couple of days at least these days, but when I total up reading time it's usually only a few hours. Work tends to get in the way of my reading time now :(

 4. BOOKS THAT YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED? Most recently I couldn't finish was Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I try to finish books when I can though, no matter how much I dislike them.
  
5. HYPED/POPULAR BOOKS YOU DON’T LIKE?  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, Twilight by Stephanie Meyer...here are probably more but I can't think of any right now.

  6. CLASSICS YOU DIDN’T ENJOY?  Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I have only ever been able to get about 3/4 through the book, and only through forcing myself. I found it so boring. Also Macbeth by Shakespeare. I was 13 when I read it, and can't for the life of me remember why I hate t so much, but I really do.

 7. BOOKS YOU BOUGHT JUST FOR THE INTELLECTUAL-NESS OF IT ALL? I don't think I have ever bought a book to feel intellectual. I've bought a couple to learn more about certain subjects, but no more than that.

8. ANY BOOKS YOU HAVEN’T GIVEN BACK?  Hmmm........ Let's just say I have a library card I will never be able to use again. Aside from that and the odd book at my parents house from junior school I think every book I own currently is my own.

I will just tag everyone who feels like they might want to do his one.

No comments:

Post a Comment